The staff in Curriculum, Assessment & Instruction facilitates and coordinates the design, development and organization of the curriculum and instructional programs in the Boulder Valley School District. Our primary responsibilities include...
- Development of the BVSD Academic Content Standards
- Review and alignment of the K-12 curriculum with the Academic Content Standards
- Coordination of the learning materials (textbook) review and selection process
- Coordination of the district's literacy program
- Support for the professional development of teachers and administrators
- Support for meeting the needs of gifted and academically advanced learners
- Support for meeting the needs of learners from diverse backgrounds
- Support for meeting the needs of English language learners
The Division works very closely with our colleagues in Elementary and Secondary Education, Special Education, and Reading and Assessment as we fulfill these responsibilities. Through these coordinated efforts, we can best accomplish the Board of Education's Strategic Priorities, especially the priorities "Maximize Student Learning and Achievement," and "Value Diversity and Promote Understanding."